I just read a great article that really cuts to the chase about Exercise & Weight Loss…
It is entitled, “I just started an exercise program – what should I expect?”
Here are some points of note…
- Aerobic Exercise, by itself, does little for weight loss
- Strength training helps with weight loss by increasing your metabolism
- Results take time, and people tend not to stick with training programs for very long
- It takes longer for your joints and tendons to “get in shape” then your lungs
- An end goal of exercise should be increased skill which comes from increased neuromuscular connections
- Start slowly, and ramp up slowly to give yourself the best chance at enjoyment and the least risk of injury.
- Playing sports, or doing physical group activities is a much more fun way to accomplish your exercise and weight loss goals then doing mundane exercises in a gym or on a treadmill
I know I have been saying a lot of these things all along at Insight Writer, but it does help to hear them from someone else for confirmation.
Thoughts? Questions? Comments? Leave them below… And have a great day! 😉
Originally posted 2011-05-15 09:07:47. Republished by Blog Post Promoter