Well, Christmas is upon us here in the US and in many other parts of the world. The decorations are up. The tree looks great. The Christmas cards are sent out. And we are almost done counting down our 12 days and getting ready to feast and share presents.
I am super excited to be spending time with friends and family. This is meant to be a happy time of year. I know many people struggle this time of year, but it is good to remember to take some time out just to be cheerful and think about all you have. So I figured I should give you a couple of ways to spread some holiday cheer. Let the joy begin. 😉
- Shout for joy. Sing some fun Christmas songs.
- Laugh. Reminisce about some funny events that happened in your life with others.
- Eat Hearty. Hey, if there is any excuse to be a glutton this is it! Personally, I can’t get enough Christmas goodies. I love cookies! 😉
- Forget about your troubles. They will be there tomorrow. Enjoy today!
- Give Hugs. Lots of them. It’s good to feel loved.
- Encourage someone. Often we talk about future plans this time of year. Tell someone they will be awesome at whatever they plan to do.
- Plan some fun events. Speaking of next year’s plans, why don’t you start planning some fun events with your family and friends to do next year.
- Sit down and write. Tell someone how much they mean to you.
- Stand up and go. Go help the less fortunate. Help feed the homeless or give a child a present who otherwise wouldn’t get one.
- In all things, give thanks. Remind yourself that you are surrounded by good things. Tell your friends and family how much you appreciate them and are thankful for them.
Enjoy this time of year! Happy Holidays!