The Value Project Finale

Instead of my usual Saturday Rap I have decided to “rap up” the group writing project on value.

This has been great fun and it has taken me awhile to read through all the posts on value. Might I say we have created quite a bit of value in writing these posts. My hope is that we can take what we have learned from each other here and use it to create more value in the world.

Here I will list each post, in no particular order, and provide a short commentary. (If the commentary is in quotes it is a direct quote from the writer’s article. If there are no quotes it is my commentary on the article.) Please take the time to read as many of these as you can…

• The Power of Creating Value by Vincent – “Regardless of your career, you can always provide more value by having an attitude of excellence.”
  • Something extraordinary is happening by Mokihana – Things have value simply by there being.
  • Are you creating enough value to be indispensable during this rough economic time? by Mark Foo – “Value creators are the people who’ll take the initiative to go the extra mile for their employers, clients, business associates and/or co-workers. They’re always willing to put in that little extra effort to do things better.”
  • How to create outstanding value by Jeremy Day – Become outstanding at fulfilling people’s needs.
  • How Curious Moments Add Value by Davina – “A person never knows what they’re missing until they go there. And they can’t go there if they assume they are already there.”
  • Becoming a Person of Value by Daphne – Discover your REAL values.
  • Finding Value in Uncertainty by Betsy Wuebker – “Carrying a suitcase full of passion, curiosity, service and gratitude through life adds no weight to the load.  Is this why those who are rich in these things can soar?”
  • Mug vs. Heart by Patricia – Very interesting story making us think about what we value.
  • Value: Passion vs. Greed by Trey Baird – Value is strongly associated with passion and not greed or profit.
  • Why we hate Paris Hilton by Hayden Tompkins – “In order to transform our society into a more value driven one, we need to expand and extend our awareness of the truth about money.”
  • What the Heaven is Value? by Akemi – “We can’t really “create” value.  That is just a way of saying.  Crating value means creating products or services that deliver value.  (Even I, who has little idea of math and physics, know energy only changes forms, but can’t be created nor eliminated.  Energy only circulates, changing forms.)”
  • Did you create value in your life today? by Juliet Du Preez – This is a double awesome poem about value. I can’t speak highly enough about how cool this poem is!!!
  • What is YOUR value and how do you MAXIMIZE it? by Maya – A good way to look at your own value.
  • The Values that Guide Us by Stacey – “I believe the value we offer to the world is a reflection of our core values. Ideally, what we stand for and what is important to us is reflected in the words we write.”
  • Lightworkers, Darkworkers, and the Other Kind by Hunter Nuttall. This is a great article by the man who inspired this group project. It has me thinking even deeper about how some people create value and how others steal value. Definitely food for thought.
  • In Search of Value by Ian Peatey – “For society to rediscover what we know about value on an individual level, enough of us need to rediscover it for ourselves. We can change how we use money, change what we pursue, recognize the value in people and not allow ourselves to be fooled that objects and money are more important than human beings.”
  • Diamond In A Ruff by Bunny – “Share your experience with others, and be a good listener. Offer others something more valuable than money – that once spent, is forgotten. Give them your time, your encouragement and your knowledge.”
  • Know Your Value by Amanda Linehan – “Discover how you are valuable and demonstrate that to others.  Money isn’t the root of anything, but value is the root of everything.”

Thank you all so much for participating. Both for writing the articles and taking the time to read them. I think just by writing and reading these we are adding a lot of value to the world.

If there are still articles for the value project floating around out there or if you still want to add yours please just notify me or trackback this post. I’ll be more than glad to add it on here.

Lastly, please leave your comments. I would like to know what you thought of this project, what you got out of it, and what other project ideas might be good for the future…

This entry was posted in Saturday Rap and tagged , .

15 Comments

1. Vincent February 7, 2009 at 9:09 pm #

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for rounding up all the articles. I hope everyone will read all the articles listed and know the power of creating value.

Cheers
    Vincent
    Personal Development Blogger

Vincent’s last blog post..The Importance Of Setting Time Limit

2. Akemi - Yes to Me February 7, 2009 at 9:21 pm #

Great round up! I feel honored to be part of this writing project.

Akemi – Yes to Me’s last blog post..My Online Gratitude Journal One Year Anniversary Edition # 23

3. Trey - Swollen Thumb Entertainment February 7, 2009 at 9:24 pm #

I am honored to have my name amongst all of those talented writers up there. This has been a very fun, and valuable exercise for me, Jeremy. I want to personally thank you, and everyone who participated in the project for this experience.

I can’t wait for the next Insight Writer Group Project… *wink wink*

Trey – Swollen Thumb Entertainment’s last blog post..Kevin Smith: Filmmaker/Nerd

4. Bunny got Blog February 8, 2009 at 12:53 am #

I will have to check them all out but I am jumping over to Ian’s right now.

You had a wonderful idea here.

Cheers

Bunny got Blog’s last blog post..Two Women Who Made More Than The Grade

5. Daphne February 8, 2009 at 3:45 am #

Hey Jeremy,

Great job, again, in organising something that so many people want to be a part of. You definitely create value in the blogosphere!

Daphne’s last blog post..Offensive Judging and Defensive Judging

6. Betsy Wuebker February 8, 2009 at 9:46 am #

Hi Jeremy – Thank you for conceiving a wonderful project that emphasizes perspective about what is important in life, and what we should strive for in our personal journey. It is a pleasure to be part of this.

Betsy Wuebker’s last blog post..HERE’S A POTENTIAL APPOINTEE WHO PROBABLY PAYS HIS TAXES

7. Mark Foo February 8, 2009 at 2:32 pm #

Hi Jeremy,

It’s been a great pleasure and an honour to be part of this group project. Thank you for taking the initiative to organise such a meaningful project. I believe we’ve all created much value to the world with our concerted effort.

Cheers~

Mark

Mark Foo’s last blog post..Are You Creating Enough Value To Remain Indispensable In This Tough Economic Time?

8. Patricia February 8, 2009 at 2:52 pm #

Jeremy,
    This was such a grand experiment and added value to me and mine….it is just taking me a while to read all this fine writing….Thank you for your efforts…each and every one…SWEET…a great valentine gift

Patricia’s last blog post..Observation Point

9. Ian Peatey February 9, 2009 at 5:12 am #

I would like to add my voice of thanks and gratitude to you, Jeremy, for providing the inspiration and initiative for making this happen. It warms my heart and soul to see a group of talented thinkers and writers come together for a common theme.

Judging from my stats, the theme was incredibly popular (almost three times as many people read my post as read my second ‘most read’ post!). It was a pleasure to be part of this venture.

Ian

10. Andrew February 9, 2009 at 7:46 am #

Jeremy,

This sounds like it was a wonderful initiative, and although I am a newbie to your blog, I look forward to reading as many of these as I can.

Cheers

Andrew

11. Hayden Tompkins February 9, 2009 at 3:09 pm #

This was a lot of fun, Jeremy!

Hayden Tompkins’s last blog post..How to Rock Your Valentine’s Old Skool!

12. Bunny got Blog February 10, 2009 at 7:54 pm #

Hey Jeremy,

Thanks for adding me.

Sorry I didn’t get it to you before the first but had good intentions.

Everyone did such a great job and this was so much fun.

Thanks for the wonderful experience.

13. Julian February 12, 2009 at 5:46 pm #

I’ve read all the articles you’ve listed here and I’m really impressed with the quality of them. I think it’s because you’ve picked a good topic which has really got people thinking.

Julian’s last blog post..How To Sleep Better

14. Davina February 15, 2009 at 7:57 pm #

Hi Jeremy. Thank you for organizing this. I was glad to have the opportunity to be a part of this. I can see that I’m in good company too :-)

Davina’s last blog post..Ebook Launch: The Quote Effect Arrives

15. Maya February 16, 2009 at 12:53 pm #

I had a great time writing my post and reading posts of others too.
    Thank you for having this!

Maya’s last blog post..The One Hundred: A Guide to Pieces Every Happy and Balanced Soul Must Embrace: Simplicity

One Trackback

1. By In Search Of Value | Perfect Already on February 25, 2011 at 6:05 am

[...] initiated by Jeremy Day at Insight Writer on the topic of ‘Creating Value’. See the complete list of articles [...]